Early in my career, I was living paycheck to paycheck. Yet you could find me attending red carpet networking events alongside local professional athletes, celebrities, and top movers and shakers from different industries.
In this episode, my guest is one of the people who made that possible for me—Lloyd Ball. Lloyd is one of Seattle’s best-known networkers and a dear friend. Lloyd and I met back in 2012 through a mutual friend. Since then Lloyd has inspired me to always be connecting with new people and to help others by making valuable introductions.
In this interview, I ask him some questions to learn more about him and his professional journey: how he became a power networker, why networking is so important to him, and how in the world he managed to put—some of Seattle’s most exclusive networking events—without spending a dime!
- Things to consider before starting a career in real estate (12:52)
- Why is networking so important to you? (15:50)
- How did you pull off throwing $40k+ networking events for free? (24:58)
- Lloyd's special tactic to show his network that he really cares (30:53)
- Do you have any daily rituals to help you conquer the day? (39:39)
Fun Facts About Lloyd
- Lloyd works out 10 minutes per day after taking a shower.
- At 19, he organized a talent show that attracted over 800 attendees.
- Lloyd was part of a gospel band that performed nationally.
Follow Lloyd Ball
- Course: Lloyd's Event Planning Online Course
(100% off with coupon code mentioned in this episode's recording)
- Video: 8 Tips to Networking Without Being Fake by Marie Forleo