This time I met with one of Seattle's most prominent angel investors; philanthropist and entrepreneur Gary Rubens.
We talked about his life's highs and lows, his passion for education, the valuable lessons he learned during his journey to building a $120 million dollar business, and why he recently decided to go back to school to get a college degree.
I hope you enjoy listening to this interview, as much as I did learning from Gary.
In this Episode:
- Gary on being accepted, but too poor for college
- Preparing for bankruptcy: when Gary almost threw the towel
- On building a $120 million dollar business from scratch
- ATGstores.com: Why Gary rejected a $26.5 million buyout offer
- Gary on his passion and the importance of higher education
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Companies: ATGstores.com, Home Depot, and Lowe's
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
Gary Rubens Online
Enjoyed this Episode?
If you enjoyed this episode, the best way to support this podcast is by leaving a positive review on iTunes. Thank you for listening, and remember—to live a life that moves you!